Friday, June 02, 2006

Slayer song

I just read a brief article over at knac.com about a song off of Slayer's upcoming album. The song is called "Jihad" and talks about 9-11 from the point of view of the terrorists. So this article is saying that the idea behind the song is creating some controversy and it may very well create even more of a stir once the album is actually released. Hard to really judge without having heard the song or knowing the lyrics, but my feeling is Slayer are examining the motivation rather making any kind of judgment because that is the way they have always been. They have done some dark topics in the past and their darkest topics have about been real events. It will be interesting to hear this song and I am looking forward to their new album despite the fact that for me it has been a long time since they have had a great album. Slayer and controversy have certainly walked hand in hand over the years.

5 Comments:

Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

Leave it to Slayer to stir the pot.

4:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kerry King said the song was similar to Angel of Death, in where it makes no judgement either way about the subject. I'm interested in hearing it of course. It could just be a lot of pre-CD hype. I just hope that that the album is good. What have you thought about Slayers last few releases? I have not really liked anything since Divine Intervention

6:13 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Fuzz-True.

Fred-I agree that I have not been too thrilled since Divine Intervention. The last few releases have seemed like re-hashed version of previous albums. They have seemed like a shell with not a lot behind it.

7:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And thats why I love Slayer

7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home