Friday, July 07, 2006

Music in your dreams

One of my favorite music stories is one about a dream that Stevie Ray Vaughan had. Apparently he woke up one morning in a bad mood and his then wife asked him why he was in a bad mood. He said that he had a dream that Jimi Hendrix had come to him and taught him these secret chord changes, but Stevie was mad because when he woke up he couldn't remember them. I once had a dream that King Diamond came to me and wanted me to play in his band for a show he was playing at my high school. I woke up right after that so the dream didn't get to go any farther. Then another time I had a dream that I wrote a song and Kevin Dubrow liked it and wanted to buy it from me. That was a scary dream to think that I might have been responsible for something that ended up on a Quiet Riot album. Have you had a dream with a musician in it?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only ones with Lita Ford in them. ;)

8:45 PM  
Blogger Bar L. said...

Totally cool post - I love(d) Stevie Ray. I've had plenty of dreams about muscians but the one that stands out was actually a day dream. I was riding my bike and thinking about Jim Morrison and "listening" to riders on the storm in my head and I closed my eyes for a minute, hit a rock and went flying off the bike and broke my arm.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I had one with Jim Morrison telling me to put on a concert.....wait.........that was Wayne's World 2. Then no, sorry.

5:25 AM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

I had a dream Olivia Newton John tried to seduce me...and succeeded.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Bruce-She has always scared me.

Bar-That's a painful reality.

Ben-That is looking less and less likely at this point.

Mike-I am afraid that Waynestock sounds a little catchier than Mikestock.

Mimi-Most of my dreams involve flying and time travel. I guess that is a little strange.

Ranea-I once had a dream that I was giving blood and I woke up and one of my cats was sucking on my arm.

Phoenix-At least you didn't dream that your were in Grease or at least I hope you didn't.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Steve-Even in a dream Blaze Bayley wouldn't have the right to make fun of anyone else's singing.

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home