Wednesday, March 31, 2010

2010 so far

A couple of weeks ago I commented about the year being off to a slow start and I still think that's true although I have gotten to hear a few more discs since then. The good news may be that I have not heard any really bad albums except for that Christopher Lee project, but that's not really metal. A few albums have been slightly disappointing including the new ones from Gamma Ray and the Scorpions. However some others have been surprisingly better than expected including the new ones from Treat, Heathen, Dirt Mall and Krokus. There are a few releases out that I have not heard yet including High on fire, Icarus Witch and others. However the top album so far this year is definitely Ufommaut's Eve. I don't want to go into too much detail now since I still have the review to write and I'll tell all then. I'll just say that it beat me over the head with a wall of sound. The second best album I have heard this year is another one I need to review and that's Stone Axe 2. They quickly followed up last year's debut with more classic rock/early metal and they are even tighter this time around. Another review I have to write yet is the new Armored Saint which I am still torn on. I like it, but it's not what I was expecting.
There are of course more albums to come this year. I am not great at looking ahead to what's coming out and don't always read a lot of metal news sites because they bore me so I am sure there are albums do out that I don't even know about yet. The year started slow, but it's picking up and I am sure there are plenty of good albums to come out.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home