Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Constantine-Shredcore

Photobucket

7Hard
2010

Constanine is a project for Konstantinos Kotzamanis. He is also the guitarist for Mystic Prophecy who I enjoy quite a bit. The title very much fits the project on this one. It's just mainly straight ahead guitar shredding with no vocals, no build-up and a great deal of structure. This is pure fretboard gymnastics and it's makes no attept to be anything else. This is a departure from the power metal sound of Mystic Prophecy as at times it reminds me of speeded up version of Dream Theater's Images and words. A few times he slows down and really takes the time to flesh out some ideas and work in a few flowing melodies. For the most part it's like a sprint with notses flying as fast as possible. Guitars and solo fanataics might eat this stuf up. For most metal fans it's slightly impressive to play so much so fast,but it's also kind of empty. It is certainly not an album I could listen to over and over. I get the impression that Kotzamanis did this much more for himself than for his fans.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger non de guerre said...

Hey, Mark McKinney. I knew you a long, long time ago. You liked Star Trek and hated turkey (the lunch meat, not the country), as I recall. Anyway, I really liked CofC, Prong and Anthrax back in the '90s, and Hanzel und Gretyl in more recent years.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

non de guerre- I would guess that your initials are either MN or WS.

Prong were one of my favorites in the 90's too.

6:17 AM  
Blogger non de guerre said...

Nope, those would be TM. By the way, what did you think of the last few albums from the former industrial music powerhouse, Ministry?

8:44 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Tom-I liked The last sucker a lot. It was one their better ones. Before that I hadn't been into them for some time.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home