Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dirty Skirty-Long live rock 'n roll

Photobucket

Self-produced
2010

So far 2010 has been a fine year for metal, but not as much for hard rock. Here is an album that has re-newed my faith in the hard rock scene to some extent. Drawing on such classic influences as AC/DC and Aerosmith, Dirty Skirty pull forth the raw-edged grooves that worked so well to fuel those bands. That's only the beginning though because they pull and twist those grooves to fit with their own sound and they pull it at least somewhat closer to a more current sound. So not only do they retain the swagger of late 70's gritty style of rock, but they add an extra dose of adrenaline and just run with it. They focus on just straight forward, punch and go style, but the attitude and confidence they show helps them to go that extra mile. The lyrics are of typical sleaze type rock fare, but that doesn't hold back Dirty Skirty. Their honesty in their music and their ability to squeeze the most out of simple rhytms is what helps this album to one of the more potent hard rock releases of the year.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been following these mates since they were reccommended by a friend who bought their album here in Sydney. I love the guitars and drums. Most of all I love the singer. He has swagger and reminds me of Joshua Todd of Buckcherry. Not a filler song on the whole disc. It's probably one of my top 20 favorite albums all time and I own every metallica, acdc, van halen, priest, aerosmith record every made. This band should be on national tours. I keep up with them by their myspace and the singers fbook where I saw this review. Great guys. Great band!

5:13 AM  
Anonymous Ryan said...

Dirty Skirty is the only band I've come across in quite some time who has get everything I love. It is straight up rock and roll. The title of the album says it all itself. Nowhere does this cd fall short of being extraordinary. 5 stars. Best rnroll album of 2010 so far.

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home