Monday, January 31, 2011

Drugs of faith-Corroded

Photobucket


Selfmadegod
2011

One thing about listening to music for review on the computer as opposed to a stereo is that I can't help but notice the individual track time even before I hear song. For this album I noticed there were fourteen songs, but a total running time under twenty-eight minutes. Yes indeed I knew there were not going to exactly be any traditional epics on this disc. However the length of the tracks certainly doesn't diminish the fact that Virginia based trio Drugs of faith play a brutal and honest style of grinding hardcore. Don't let the running time fool you into thinking the band is taking shortcuts. Actually this just means that almost every song cuts straight into the meat of it and we are treated to very concise blasts of relentless metal. A number of the bass lines and drum beats remind me of Helmet only of course with far more layers of thick riffs piled on top. The sheer anger behind most of the songs is the same heart that was behind most of the best hardcore from the 80's and 90's. I believe that Drugs of faith truly capture that spirit and weld their own sound onto it. The ending results are quite impressive.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

Sounds interesting.

5:33 AM  
Anonymous Woody said...

Mighty High played with these guys 4 or 5 years ago and they were great.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

Yeah, I met these guys at The Ottobar at another gig and they were very cool. I have the first album which is quite good and I downloaded the new one but just haven't gotten to pull the album up and listen.

5:19 PM  
Blogger JGCSOUND said...

I've been spinning this a lot lately. Love the mixture they create.

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home