Friday, February 11, 2011

Solipsist-The Human Equation

Self Released 2010


There is a scene in Lucio Fulci's 1979 movie Zombie in which actress Olga Karlatos has her eye gouged out by a splintered piece of wood. As a zombie hand grabs hold of her hair and slowly pulls her towards it you get an uneasy feeling in the pit of your stomach. Watching Olga's character squirm as it plunges in is unnerving. It gets to me every time I watch the movie. Listening to The Human Equation had that effect on me. Produced by Solipsist front man Noah Buchanan The Human Equation is 10 tracks of brutal (and I mean BRUTAL) death/thrash. Sounding a bit like Randy Blythe (Lamb Of God) Noah leads the band (Steve Sinko & Mark Witherspoon-guitars, Dave Vezdos-bass and Dave Chojnacki-drums) into battle serving up a platter full of brute force trauma. Fans of Death and early Sepultra should feast upon this metal meal. Again, Solipsist show why it is important to get out there and discover the music in your backyard. I know I am repeating myself here when I say that there is great talent to be found on the local scene. But, it is so true. These type of bands play for the love of it all leaving their blood behind on the stage. It was by word of mouth that I found out about Solpsist (thanks Aaron!) and I'm glad I did! Ohio metal is alive for sure. And I'm willing to bet it will be groups like this that will lead the way for metal's rebirth. Find out more for yourself at the group's myspace page.





http://www.myspace.com/solipsistohioIt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home