Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Therapy?-A brief crack of light

TherapyABriefCrackOfLight600Gb

Blast
2012

I had no idea that Therapy? had a new album coming until it showed up at my residence the other week. Thinking back it's hard to believe these guys have been around for about two decades. Must mean they are getting up there and so am I since I remember when they were regarded as a "new" act. Anyways despite having been around for a while they have certainly not become stale or predictable. Their new album certainly proves that fact. They don't cater to anyone or serve up soft comfortable, fluffy sounds. Their music frequently revolves around unsettling tones and sounds that set up the mood right away on these tracks. It's never about being frantic or forcing something in their music. Instead they have a patient glide as they ever so carefully reveal their plans note by note. It's never about being showy or getting caught in just a technical side of the music. They have a plan and they stick to it. You might understand fully the direction there are going until they are right into it pulling you along, but you will thankful they took you along for the ride. I found myself playing this entire album then when it was repeating that process because it was that good and because I wanted to try and take in all they were throwing at me. Certainly an album I will be listening to in upcoming weeks and again towards the end of the year when I start working on my top albums of the year list.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home