Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Fukpig-"Bad Fucking Dickhead" (Single Edit)

Devizes Records
2013

When it comes to surprises I've had my fair share of good ones (my two children) and bad ones (the post-divorce realization that I'd be raising those two children, who are now teenagers, alone) especially over the past few years. When it comes to musical surprises though, well, let's just say that those kind of surprises are usually a pretty cool thing. Take this new single from Birmingham, England's Fukpig. I'm fairly certain that I've never covered anything from Devizes Records before and yet for some reason, known only to the mad and the damned perhaps, this new single from grindcore/crust band Fukpig showed up in my email's inbox. Formed in 2001, the band originally existed a mere four years (releasing the 2001 demo, "The Depths of Humanity" in the process) until 2004 rolled along and the members were forced to shelve the project as the needs of their main bands came first. That info is from the Metal Archives which also shared how the band ended up reforming in 2008. In 2009 the group released "Spewings from a Selfish Nation" and from that point on it looks as if Fukpig has been fairly active. This is the first track recorded with a full-line up and it should be noted that this version of "Bad Fucking Dickhead", which is the lead track from their yet to be titled forth album, is different then the one that will be featured on said up coming release. Whether the single that I received to review is different then the one released on the actual 7" vinyl single is a question I can't answer right now. I'm assuming it is though. Either way it smokes.The single edit of "Bad Fucking Dickhead" is a little over 2 minutes in length and delivers crusty grindcore with a simple, and yet damn effective and deliciously killer, blackened thrash vibe. Hopefully this won't be the first and last surprise that I'll receive from a label like Devizes Records or a band like Fukpig as I'd love it if (somehow) their upcoming full-length album were to fall into my hands. In the meantime you can pick up a copy of this sweet single for yourself at the link below.
http://www.ds.bigcartel.com/

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home